Friday, November 14, 2008

Can has photos? (ok, I know this is what flickr should be for, but I got behind on my regular photo updates, so here's a big one...)

So... it isn't exactly just one per day here... The ones from the sunset to the airport are from Germany, the ones after in Ferrara, and the ones before from the protest. I forgot to take pictures the last few days, I must admit. But! Lots o' photos, so it's ok! PS: video of the protest in my previous post.

Police and protesters with red arm bands.

Listening to a speaker during the sit-in and chanting with him.

View of the protest down Corso Giovecca from my room.

Sunset from the plane.
Blossoming!

Will and Me in Mainz.


Some of the Marc Chagall windows in St. Stephan's. The entire church was blue like this; it felt like we were underwater. Beautiful place.


MK!

Will in the windmill slide near the citadel.


Windmill slide near the Citadel.


The loaves and the fishes, door to St. Stephen's.


Pretty melon in the farmer's market!

I have an airport named after me! Well, kind of.
Loving Alien? (there is " "fill-in-the-blank" Alien" grafitti all over this part of town, particularly near the university builidings. I'm kind of collecting them.) (Back in Ferrara) - 6 Nov.

I think you can guess what these are. :) Also, note how the bottom newspaper was a picture of the Earth from the moon, with the title "New World". High expectations, eh? The Italians were sooo happy.

The cross on the wall of one of my classrooms - 4 Nov.

Branch of the Po that goes through Ferrara - 3 Nov.


Arches and covered walkway somewhere on the south side of the city (note all the bikes and the repetition of structures...) - 2 Nov.
Close up of the colorful candy stall (see below)- 1 Nov.

Evening candy and nut stall in the Piazza - 1 Nov.

2 comments:

Mary Katherine said...

love the melon shot. and kudos on the chagall photo. getting that blue to come out while maintaining contrast is quite the accomplishment. (plus the walls are purple!)
speaking of photos, there's a shot of my hair on my picasa account should you still be curious.
buy your tickets to scotland!

Alison said...

Emmons! What wonderful photos! I love seeing you and MK and Will, and the rest of those photos are beatiful! They made me so happy to see - yay! It's like we get to see a small part of your life in Italia. :D Many hugs and love!